Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banana bread

Yummy!!!!!

D and I made banana bread today. It is so easy and makes a quick and healthy snack.

I doubled the recipe because we had ten bananas that needed to be used.

First, start with ripe bananas.

Second, preheat oven to 350*

Third, smash bananas. I use a potato masher but I had squished them in a big ziplock before.

Fourth, mix:
-4-5 mashed bananas
-2 cups of flour
-1 cup sugar (I use half white & half brown)
-2 large eggs
-1/2 cup veg oil
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp vanilla

Pour into 1 greased (rubbed down with oil) bread pan or muffin tins.

Bake for one hour. Poke with toothpick, if it comes out clean it's done. If not done set and check again in 5 minutes.

Additions:
1/2 cup nuts
1/2 cups chocolate chips
Really whatever you think would be good. Raisins, craisins, cinnamon, whatever.............do not add too much of any thing as it can mess up how much moisture is in the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment