Friday, January 31, 2014

Garlic, lemongrass, ginger roasted vegetables

I love roasting vegetables!!! I love how healthy, versatile, and easy they are.



Last night I was using up my veggies in my fridge before I go grocery shopping again. 

This is a great way to use up the end of the produce in the fridge. 

So I had a bulb of garlic, a chunk of ginger, and two lemongrass stalks that I decided to dice into thick slices. 

I tossed the diced mixture in a bowl and added sliced zuchinni rounds, onion rings, brocolli florets, and a mushroom medley (oyster, shiitake, and crimini). 

I tossed the mixture in the bowl with an olive and peanut oil blend until all veggies were lightly coated with oil. Once I have coated the veggies in oil, I sprinkle salt and pepper and mix again. 

This time I sprinkled soy sauce on too but that ingredient is optional :-)

I roast veggies in a roasting pan or on a cookie sheet at 425' for 45-60 minutes. Toss veggies once or twice during cooking. Veggies are done when they are roasted to your liking. 

I served the roasted veggies with quinoa and wild rice. 

Ingredients: 
Veggies of your choice
A bulb of fresh garlic peeled and diced
(Optional: diced fresh ginger and lemongrass)
Oil
Salt and pepper
Roasting pan or cookie sheet

Roast veggies on 425' for 45-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment