Sunday, September 16, 2012

Aromatherapy nesting boxes

Line your nesting boxes with natures goodness. Choose from most any herbs and flowers and line your hens nesting boxes with them.




Herbs will smell wonderful, promote laying, and deepening on what herbs you choose will most likely have medicinal properties.




My helper and I picked three different types of mint, basil, dill, rosemary, spearmint, oregano, and thyme. We mixed up the aromatic herbs and laid it down in the nesting boxes.




At first my hens thought it was food but once they realized it was not they went on to their chicken business.

I went out to check on the nesting boxes and found the herbs incorporated into the straw and an egg. They think it is good nesting material too.




I really like how heavenly it smells. I can't believe I like the way the chicken coop smells. That's a phrase I'd never thought I would say.





When the coop heated up in the afternoon sun, the smell only got better.

Hooray for aromatic nesting boxes!



No comments:

Post a Comment