Sunday, September 30, 2012

Apple dessert

I love apples and cinnamon. Apples desserts are hard to mess up so I thought it would be a great dish to try in the not so hot solar cooker.

I wanted to try out my solar cooker that I made but didn't want to ruin anything. I thought apple dessert would be perfect because you can eat it raw.

This can be cooked in a solar cooker or a regular oven.

Ingredients:
4 Apples (diced)
2 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs sugar
Juice of a lime
Granola (I prefer flavored like vanilla)
3 tbs butter

Mix apples, cinnamon, sugar, and lime in your baking dish (I use Pyrex). Sprinkle enough granola to cover the apple mixture. Dollop the butter over the granola and then cover in foil.

I cooked it in the solar oven from 2 to 6. If you bake it in the oven I would suggest 350 degrees, until the apples are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment